The tournament will be played in accordance to FIFA Laws of the Game with the following exceptions:
1.1 There shall be no offside No player can be deemed as being offside at any point during a game.
1.2 No entry into the goalkeeping area by any outfield player If an attacking player enters their opponents the goalkeeping area, this will result in a indirect free kick to the defending team anywhere on the 5m line. If a defending team player enters into its own goalkeeping area, this will result in an indirect free kick to the attacking team anywhere on the 5m line.
1.3 Rolling Substitutions Allowed. 1.3.1 - A team can only have a maximum of six players on the field at any one time. The referee can stop the play and award an indirect free kick to the opposition if this rule is infringed. 1.3.2 - A substitution can be made without the Referee's permission; however, it is necessary for players to leave and enter the pitch between designated cones which will be placed on the halfway line. 1.3.3 – In the eventuality of penalties, substituted players currently off the field of play are eligible to take a penalty.
1.4 Goalkeepers are not allowed to kick the ball from their hands.
1.4.1- Goalkeepers may distribute the ball in the following ways:
1) Throwing action; 2) Drop the ball onto the ground and then kick it; 3) If a goal kick is awarded then they are allowed to kick the ball from a stationary position within the goalkeeping area.
1.5 The back pass rule will be enforced, as per FIFA rules.
Group Stage The tournament will be played on a league round robin basis with 16 teams split into 4 groups of 4 teams.
Knockout Stage The top 2 teams in each league will proceed to the MAIN Quarter final single knock out tournament.
The 3rd and 4th place teams will proceed to the PLATE Quarter final single knock out tournament.
· Every game will have two 7 minute halves with a 1 minute half time break.
· In all league games points will be awarded as follows:
WIN – 3 points DRAW – 1 point LOSE – 0 points
· If two or more teams are tied in the final league tables, the winner will be decided in the following order of priority:
1.Goal Difference 2. Highest number of goals scored 3. Head to Head result 4. Penalty Shootout (3 pens + Sudden Death rules)
· In the event of a tie at the final whistle of the quarter and semi final rounds, there will be no extra time played. The winner will be decided by penalty kicks. A total of 3 penalty kicks will be taken by each team and the team with the most goals will be declared the winner. However, if the score is even after 3 penalty kicks then sudden death rules will apply.
· In the event of a tie at the final whistle in the final, there will be 4 minutes extra time (Two halves of 2 minutes each with no half time break) to be played in a Silver Goal format (result taken at half time or full time). If there is still no score at the final of extra time, 3 penalty kicks will be taken to determine the winner, however, if the score is even after 3 penalty kicks then sudden death rules will apply.
· Times shown on the draw are indicative only. The tournament will normally run ahead of schedule therefore Team Managers and Captains are advised to be available at all times to check with Tournament Officials or the Chief Marshal on scheduled matches. The Tournament Officials reserve the right to alter the schedule and pitch allocation at their discretion.
· If a player is shown a RED CARD by the referee, they will be suspended from the subsequent game in which their team plays. Any player accumulating TWO RED CARDS will be banned from the remainder of the tournament. Any player accumulating TWO YELLOW CARDS will be suspended for one game. Thereafter, any player who has already received TWO YELLOW CARDS OR A RED CARD AND A MATCH SUSPENSION will receive a match suspension for any further YELLOW CARD shown to them during the tournament.
· Each team is allowed to register a maximum of 10 players. Their names must be registered on prescribed forms and handed to tournament officials at the briefing meeting or before their first game.
· All players must retain the same numbered jersey throughout the tournament.
· A minimum of five players on the field is required. If a team fields less than this requirement, then the opposing team will receive a walk-over (Bye) with 3 match points and a score of 2 goals to nil.
· A 5 minute grace period for late arrivals may be permitted at the discretion of the BSF Soccer Sixes Committee. After the time has lapsed, the team which is on the field ready to play will receive a walk-over (Bye) with 3 match points and a score of 2 goals to nil.
· All matches will be officiated by PSSI Referees. Their decision on the field is final and no appeal against any decision will be entertained by the tournament committee.
· The organising committee reserves the right to disqualify any players. Any disputes will be decided by the BSF Soccer Sixes Committee and their decision will be final.
· The organizing committee reserves the right to alter the format of the tournament due to unusual weather conditions.
· All disputes, queries or objections not covered by the Tournament Rules, shall be referred to the BSF Soccer Sixes Committee whose decision and ruling shall be final, binding and respected.